Saturday, August 18, 2012

Our Homeschool Closet

There has been a project that I needed to do all summer, but I had put it off.... Until yesterday. At the end of the school year our homeschool closet had gotten way out of control, and over the summer it had spiraled to the state of desperate. I am being extremely vulnerable to show you this....(holding my breath)....here we go:



Now, we have never had a homeschool room, and I have found that storing all our supplies in a closet works well for us. Each day we pull out our supplies and curriculum as school begins at the kitchen table, living room floor, table outside, or even in Mom and Dad's bed. So, it is important that the closet be well organized. It took me close to 3 hours, but here is the final result:



It hit me that there are areas in my spiritual life that need cleaning out too.  Areas where I have seen clutter slowly overtaking an area in my life, but I haven't reached that point of doing a thorough cleaning.  These areas will take more time, but the process will be healing and helpful for my spiritual growth.  Some areas- just like this closet- may become ongoing projects that I have to keep a keen focus on to master.  The final result will be worth the effort though and that is the perspective I must adopt.  Maybe this has encouraged you to tackle some of those rough areas in your own world! Blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment