Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"I See Him?"

Kendall, our youngest son, is quite a night person.  He tends to be a little grumpy in the morning, but about seven in the evening he just starts bubbling over with joy and fun.  Tonight he walked around the house with a baseball glove on and kept shouting "Homerun!".  He also tried to "hide" in the shower curtain and wanted me to find him which was easy because he was so tickled with himself that laughter just bubbled forth.


Nights like this when he is so joyful, it can be difficult to put him to bed because I just love seeing him so happy.  Plus, he has a hard time calming down as he just wants to play.  I have learned to sing quietly to him that often he will calm down and go to sleep much quicker.  Tonight, I sang Jesus Loves Me to him several times and each time he would say, "Again!".  Finally after three or four times through the song, I tucked him in and started to walk out of the room when I heard him say something,  He said, "I see him?"  I quickly realized he was asking about seeing Jesus.   I asked him, "Oh, do you want to see Jesus?"  He smiled and said, "Yeah!". 

As I left his room, my heart flooded with emotion.  My precious two year old wants to see Jesus- the Jesus he knows loves him.  The Jesus we teach him about.  The Jesus that we sing about all through the day.  The Jesus we honor and praise with our words and, hopefully, our actions.  The thought that hit me that I want him to see Jesus in me!  I want my actions, words and lifestyle to reflect my Christ so much that others can't help but see my Savior in me.  It won't happen by accident- I am learning that I must draw from the life-giving scriptures each day as well as uninhibited prayer times.  I have to seek after His face daily because in my own strength I will fail terribly.  

Friend, I don't know where you live or what you might be going through, but I do know that you have influence on those around you.   You never know how God might use you to share His love with others, but we must be prepared- we must go and seek after Jesus each day.   I, like Kendall, want to see Jesus....today, tomorrow and every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment