Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beyond the Messes

Some mornings are crazy around here!  We started homeschooling again yesterday and I have been trying to get up before the boys in order to have my quiet time, get dressed, and have breakfast started.  This morning, the boys awoke earlier than I anticipated and the craziness started early.  Caleb had a trash bag explode on him while taking the trash out and we had the pleasure of cleaning up egg shells, coffee grinds, banana peels and the like from our driveway.  Then, Kendall who decided last night that he would say, "Bye-bye diapers" and would like to wear his big boy underwear had his first accident.  In the process of cleaning that up he decided that he did not, in fact, want to say "Bye-bye diapers", but would rather say, "Bye-bye underwear."  All this and it wasn't even 8:15!?!?

I love my boys and even in the midst of all the accidents and messes, I see all the possibilities- their potential- and that is what I focus on when our world seems so unclear and just downright messy.  Instead, I see what my hope and prayer for them is to become-godly men with strong values, gentle hearts and full of potential- through Christ's enabling- to change the world.  I see the influence they could have and my heart fills with love and compassion.... enough to handle each messy situation and go on to the next one. 

I think that is what held Christ on the cross and what motivated the Father to give His Son as a sacrifice for our sins.... He saw our potential.  He, being all knowing, sees the full potential in all of us and that is the driving force behind His love and patience with us.  He deals with our messes and stays focused on what we will become and all the future holds for us.  The moments when we yield our plans to His will, the moments we give of ourselves to bring life and joy to others, the moments we break free from sins that had been strongholds for years, and moments when we just praise Him because our cup is so full we can't help but lavish our love on our Savior.   Those moments are what drive Him to give all in pursuit of such wayward creations.  He loves us, friend, He loves us.  Never question His love or patience for you- no matter the depth of your sin- He still sees your potential and He still seeks after that relationship with you. 

Too often, what is the saddest is that we don't see our potential..... my boys don't realize what incredible possibilities are ahead of them.  Kendall certainly doesn't see a life without diapers as an option, but I do.  My friend, you may not see what God could do with you- with your life- but God does.  I guess it comes down to one question.... Do you trust Him?  To trust Him means accepting that you still have more potential and possibilities in your future to do more than you could ever imagine.  So, I ask again- do you trust Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment