Friday, August 24, 2012

When Life Distracts

Some days when the toddler is screaming from his crib because he is in timeout and the older boys are angry with each other over something trivial.  When the dishes are in the sink calling my name and the laundry seems to never end.  Sometimes, I just need to be reminded that this is all temporary.  These problems that seem so big are temporary and my focus needs to be on what lasts for eternity.  I cannot let myself get distracted and concerned by all the temporary hurts, problems, stresses and things that the evil one would throw at me because God has more for me than that!!   Satan knows that if he can get me distressed and upset over trivial things that won't matter in a few days, weeks, months or years; then, I am not doing what God has called me to do.  Satan wants nothing more than to disrupt God's plan for us- the children of the King- God's chosen- Christ's redeemed!! 

It is for that reason that I must, through the Holy Spirit, claim the peace and joy God has for me above all these circumstances.  I must seek after what God has for me to do each day in order to bless Him and keep my focus on the eternal calling I have been given.  Some days that is doing the dishes, laundry and teaching my children to treat each other kindly.  Some days that means preparing for a meal for a family that could use an extra blessing or helping a friend by watching her kids.  Some days that means sharing the lessons God is teaching me through my writing and some days it is helping my husband by doing a household task for him.  It isn't always glamorous.... at times, it is downright dirty.  Any task can have eternal value if the experience draws me closer to the Father and is beneficial to another who had the need at that moment.  While Satan makes us feel that all this worldly stuff is the end of the world, but only God can make our temporary service to others of eternal value.  When the you get down by all that is screaming for your attention, call on God the ultimate source of peace and joy.  Let Him determine your steps today and keep in mind that this just a fleeting moment....

"The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."  Psalm 37:23-24 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment