Thursday, August 30, 2012

He Lives!

This morning I was asking my sons to be in prayer for a family who had lost someone dear to them.  My oldest son sat quietly, and then almost whispered, "Did he know Jesus?". 

You see, when all of life is over, when the last grains of sand have fallen through the hourglass, that is what matters.... that 's it.  Did you know Jesus Christ and have a relationship with Him which began the moment you yielded your all of your dreams, goals, plans, longings, and sinful nature to Him?  Did you ask Him to pay the debt of sin that you could never meet? 

If so, then you know that our Redeemer is alive, well and active in our life each day.  If so, you know that He works all trials, mistakes and hardships for our ultimate good and His glory.  If so, you know that God brings peace when the world would offer none.  He offers joy beyond all circumstances and enables you to do more than your abilities or talents.  He is life beyond yourself.

If not, why?  There are no second chances when your last breath has been exhaled.

"But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last.  And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God!  I will see him for myself.  Yes, I will see him with my own eyes.  I am overwhelmed at the thought!"  Job 19:25-27 NLT


Yes, my redeemer lives!  I KNOW my redeemer lives!!!  Do you? If you do, rejoice!  Again I say, REJOICE!!! Let us never grow tired, weary or apathetic about praising our Blessed Savior.  He has given all that we might have all.... all peace, love, joy, comfort and wisdom. 

If He isn't your Redeemer, again I ask, Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment