Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Worship Wednesday: Worship in Daily Chaos

You know those mornings when you wake and as your feet hit the floor, the list of needs starts immediately?  This morning, I was barely conscious when my youngest son was asking me for "beakfist" (aka breakfast).  This was followed by many additional requests; so that when I finally returned to my room to take shelter with my Lord and prepare my heart for this day, I was longing for a deep, all enveloping time with Him.  However, the sounds of the house kept beckoning my attention and the needs of the family kept being brought to my attention.  It was if the entire world (or at least my household) was absolutely against my spending time with God today!  Been there?

Finally, amidst threats of "unless you are bleeding or someone is in danger do not come in this room!"..... I secluded myself and poured praise music into my thirsty soul.  I began to pray-still feeling inadequate- and reading His words to me.  One scripture just spoke to my heart... and I read it, over and over, in various versions and let those words breathe life in me.

Deuteronomy 6:5

"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." KJV

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your being, and all your strength."  CEB

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength." NIV

"And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength." NLT

"Love God, your God, with your whole heart: love him with all that's in you, love him with all you've got!"  MSG

It hit me that God wants me to love Him with all that I have that day and all that I can give Him that day.  He is patient and understanding as He knew before I first drew breath outside the womb that I would struggle with having time with Him this morning.    He just wants me to give Him all I have at any given time- Even if it isn't what I had envisioned blessing Him with... it is priceless to Him because it is all of me at that moment.  Thank you Lord for loving this imperfect vessel so much!


Casting Crowns- "Lifesong"

Chris Tomlin- "Here I am to Worship"

No comments:

Post a Comment