Monday, June 4, 2012

The Freedom of Clean


 

I love it when things are clean!  (I don't love the cleaning, but I LOVE it when everything is clean.)  The smell of my toddler when he is just out from a bath just makes me smile.  I often cuddle with him afterward and just breathe him in.  I love a spotless house- have you ever just walked into your house after a good cleaning and just released a small sigh of joy over it?  I also love fresh, clean laundry.  Often when I am folding laundry, I just hold a towel to my face and just soaked in the warm freshnes of it.


Now, don't think that my house is always spotless, and perfectly clean at all times- if you have read some of my previous posts, you know that isn't the case.  I love cleanness, but life happens in this house.  I do clean and do laundry and we all bathe regularly, but those moments when everything is fresh and spotless at the same time are rare!  I think that is why I love it so much- the fact that I have boys that love to play and get dirty makes me love the moments when they are clean so much sweeter.  The fact that I often have mounds of dirty laundry waiting, makes the moments of breathing in the warm fresh scent of finished laundry so rewarding.  There is just something invigorating about being clean.... renewed, ready for the next purpose.

That is how I am in Christ.... I was dirty, sin-stained, broken, used and lacking purpose.  He cleaned me- through His blood- he cleaned me.  No stain remains- spotless in His sight- and He gave me a purpose again.  Everyone wants to be needed and have a use, but when we feel so discarded because of life or poor choices, we feel unwanted, useless.  That is not how God sees us- He sees opportunity, freshness, new beginnings, and hope- just waiting on that moment when we reach the end of us and turn in desperation to Him.  When we have tried to clean ourselves, and can't do it; so, we reach out our hand to the Savior.  He cleans us... He renews us... and we have purpose in Him. 

" He forgives your sins- every one.  He heals your diseases- every one.  He redeems you from hell- saves your life!  He crowns you with love and mercy- a paradise crown.  He wraps you in goodness- beauty eternal.  He renews your youth- your always young in his presence."  Psalm 103: 3-5 MSG

Life will still happen and we will still have to deal with the consequences of some things, but with a new source of strength because God is with us and our future is secure.  In the freedom of new found purity, we can face all that the day holds- we are forgiven, renewed, needed and useful.  You are so valuable to the King- He sacrificed His son so you might be clean, pure, forgiven, needed, and useful.  It cost Him so much, and in all fairness, we shouldn't take it for granted.  This cleaning was through the life-giving blood of His son- may we never stop finding the joy in that.  Let us always long to soak in the freshness of this life we have been given and let us look, with anticipation, for the purpose God has for our lives.  No longer discarded, we have purpose in our blood bought purity....

No comments:

Post a Comment