Thursday, June 7, 2012

Love and Trust

In my studies this morning, I read a quote by Beth Moore that stopped me in my tracks.  I had to just sit and let it sink into my groggy thoughts and process it.  To be totally honest, it convicted me .....here it is:

"I not only love God and trust Him, I love trusting Him.  It is a constant reminder of a perpetual miracle in my life."  Beth Moore, Praying God's Word Day by Day .

Read that again..... soak it in..... I can follow Beth on loving God and trusting Him- I absolutely love Him and I do trust Him..... but, to love trusting Him?  That was what stopped me in my tracks.  Do I love trusting Him?  My earthly nature cried out in rebellion against this statement.  I have been through many situations when I had to trust Him because that was all I had, but in the midst of those times, I admit that I didn't love being in that place.  This is what I thought- to love trusting Him meant that I had to love being in situations that required my trusting Him.  Can you identify with my struggle here?

As I pondered and prayed, God walked me through a challenging thought process.  Scripture says -and we all know it to be true- we are to expect troubles.  Life in this world isn't perfect and pretty and as a result, we have troubles. 

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world."  John 16:33

Heartaches, loss of loved ones, loss of jobs, sickness, broken promises, and  this list could go on, couldn't it?  We are very familiar with troubles.  I also look back and stand in awe of God and how He faithfully worked out the troubles in my past- He has been faithful, trustworthy, and perfectly on time.  It overwhelms me to think of His faithfulness to us, as a family.  I feel humbled and loved while so unworthy.  I love Him, yes, and I trust Him, yes, but do I love trusting Him?

Then, it hit me.... in the midst of trouble, at the point when I look to Him and say, "God I give this to You and I trust You in it."- immediately, peace and relief feels me and I am free from that trouble.  When we are in a situation that we are trusting God to work out, there is indescribable peace that this world cannot understand.... in those moments, I do love trusting Him because the burden becomes His not mine.  I don't have to love the troubles to love trusting Him and giving those problems to Him.    As I reflect on my life, just as Beth describes, it is a perpetual miracle of God's design.  So, is your life- if He has saved you, redeemed you, and is growing you in His likeness- you are a continual miracle in process.  Can you fathom where you would be if He hadn't become the lover of your soul?

Today, I am so thankful that I can claim how much I do love and trust Him...and  how I love trusting Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment