Monday, June 11, 2012

You are Chosen!

Do you remember the dreaded times in school when teams were being formed to play a game during recess or during PE class?  I so dreaded those moments of waiting to see if you would be chosen and hoping that I would not be last.... being not so athletically minded, I really hated those moments when I felt as though I didn't meet the standard.  It is so hard, especially for children, to see that they have value despite what their friends or others think, and yet, most of us still struggle with it as adults.  This world that we live in doesn't help either- you're not skinny enough, you're house isn't big / good enough, you're job doesn't pay enough, and the list could go on and on.  The focus is on comparison and whether you equal the world's standard especially in looks, power, and money.  The sad thing is that very few meet the standard and then they are compared to each other.... no one truly wins and there are countless that lose their self esteem, value, relationships, and self in the process.

God doesn't see us like that- Glory!  He sees us each as a special, unique and valuable creation and His love for us has no limit!  He loved you so much that His own son was sacrificed just so you could have a relationship with Him..... His own Son.... I love many people in this world, but my own family is priceless to me.  I could not imagine sacrificing any of them for any reason- my love for them is in the marrow of my bones.  It is so inconceivable to me that God would send His Son to death for me... for me.  No one has loved me like that!

He not only did that to give me the choice of a relationship with Him, but He has given me a hope and a future as well as talents and gifts to use for His glory.  As if giving me an eternity in heaven to worship and praise Him wasn't enough, He has given me talents, gifts, and a purpose while here on earth.  His love is that great for us!  For some of you it is the gift of hospitality, the gift of organization, the gift of teaching, the gift of leading, the gift of witnessing, the gift of communication, and again, the list could go on and on.  He has a purpose for you.  You were never a mistake.  He has a plan for your past, present and your future to bring glory to Him; so do what He has called you to do! 

"You didn't choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won't spoil.  As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you."  John 15:16

We are valued, chosen and needed because His plan for us was tailor made for us- no one else would fit in our place- it is custom for us.  And when we submerge ourselves in what He has for us we find joy, happiness, contentment, peace, comfort and constant provision for our every need.  If our relationship with Him is healthy, growing and strong, He will meet all our needs and He will honor much of our prayers- this is not due to a twisted favoritism- but if we are that submerged in Him, our wants and wishes will line up with His will.  Our view of needs, wants and wishes will change to reflect His character and values.    Mrs Charles Cowman once said, "Christ is the secret, the source, the substance, the center, and the circumference of all the true and lasting gladness."

Are you looking for love, value, purpose?  God is the source of all that you need- He has given you life, endless love and value, and purpose for life.... You are chosen, my dear friend, you are chosen!

No comments:

Post a Comment