Saturday, June 30, 2012

He's Home!!

Caleb returned home last night from his mission trip!  We were so excited to have him home as well as being able to hear about all God did in the past week.  He had many stories to tell - some just funny and some touching.  Everything from how he set up his bed on a couple of chairs and how much fun he had during some of their breaks.  He talked of being sad for a girl he ministered to this week that seemed to want Christ and yet pulled back.  He said, " Mom, I talked with her, but knew only the Holy Spirit could help her accept Christ- I couldn't force it."  He talked of spending time on his knees at the alter praying and of the worship that was so much of an encouragement.  He wants to go next year-it will be out of state next year.  A part of me wants to peek inside that heart of his and see what did he learn... what changed in him.... I think, in time, he will share more, but sometimes you just need to draw those times with the Father into your heart and savor them.

Many times as a mother, I question whether we are doing the right thing.  There are countless pitfalls to avoid and it is a hard challenge to find balance in all that we face in this world.  Teaching and training in the values we hold priceless and picking battles to win or compromise- ugh, I have said this before, but parenting is not for the weak!  This week, gave a brief glimpse of the man Caleb may become, and it blessed me.  All I can pray and hope for is for God to continue the work He has started in Caleb and protect him from the evil one who would do all he could to deter any of God's children.

On a humerous and awesome moment- every time this week that I would blog or pray for my son, the song "God of this City" would play on my Pandora iPhone app.  It was though God planned that song for Caleb this week and it so perfectly captures the heart of the mission trip that he went on.  I have to share that song again for you to enjoy.  There are no accidents.  God used that song repeatedly to say this is what this week is about- it even played while I typed this blog!

Have a blessed weekend and thank you for your prayers this week!  There were 130 lives changed this week and you were a part of that by your prayers!  Let us rejoice together!!

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him."
Phillipians 2:13 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment